2. How to double space and indent
3. Don't abuse spellcheck.
4. Portfolio Paragraph rubric
- I made a mistake. Each paragraph is worth 5%.
- Outline first part together
- Outline in groups
- Discuss answers
- Discuss paragraph one and two in smaller groups. Put your thoughts on primary wall.
- How is this different from cause/effect and compare/contrast paragraphs?
- Write for 5 minutes with what you think about this quote and picture. This is called free writing.
- We are at mid-term now! Let's take some time to reflect on the semester.
- Next remember reflective writing consists of:
- Critique a reflective paragraph I wrote. Yes, I made mistakes :) Where are the big three?
- I reflected on my travels. Now, I want you to reflect on your writing so far this semester. Look at the reflective questions here.DO NOT try to answer all the questions.
- What signal words would you use? See signal words here. Apply them.
- Save your paragraphs, you will turn these into me next Friday.
Reflection paragraphs, Understanding rhetorical situations
Process paragraphs are due next Monday. Put them in the folder I will show you in class.
Start writing your reflection paragraph. Use what you wrote in class as a start. A draft will be due Friday October 18th.
Suggested Reading: Writing a Reflective Essay, Rhetorical Functions in writing: Reflection